Sunday, October 6, 2024

Celebrating 50 Years of Knowing Each Other.


Welcome to another week, and hello to our favorite little piggy ... Alex.  It's good to see you working in charitable efforts.

Another fun picture for me is this kitchen I saw online that is set up just like our own kitchen ... I'm thinking I would like a plate rack like that .... what do you think?

And speaking of redoing our kitchen, I ordered this wallpaper for the north wall!  It's a William Morris knock off pattern.  We are painting our kitchen cabinets in a dark green and we're keeping a lot of the red accents, so you can see this will be perfect.
On Monday I got a chance to go and see Sharon's artwork.  It been several years ago that she invited me to come to her house and see her art collection. She had talked me into selling her a frame from a painting I had for sale.  I told her I'd love to come, but it just never happened.  After I realized she was the one who I had bought the golf painting from at the Farmhouse Peddler last week, I told her I'd absolutely come.  It was really a wonderful tour, and fun to meet someone who loves the things I do.  She also collects majolica, and silhouettes.


Here are a few groupings.



All so charming.

... and I thought this stack of pictures and frames looked familiar as well. 

Here's her framing workspace, again, it looks so familiar.  She sells a lot of art, as you can see.

On Tuesday we drove out to pick up Aunt Joyce to go and tour the new Deseret Peak Temple open house. This is  her copper luster pitcher collection.


Here we are!

I loved this painting, the original, by a Utah artist, who painted it with Deseret Peak behind the figure of Jesus, except that his hair in the original is very dark, nearly black. Not sure why this print for sale is lighter haired, but I love the trend of local artist to portray him with darker hair. 

Afterward, we went to lunch at Applebee's and then hit a couple of thrift stores and an antique store. we are shown here in front of a picture of Saltaire, where our mother once danced.

We saw this cool mini-Stonehenge near a shopping center.

I bought these 3 pieces decorated in strawberries, for our kitchen redecoration.

That evening we met up with the Moes and Heuers at the Golden Corral. 

Then we all headed out to see, My Fair Lady at the Hale.

Here is Dad with a former meat manager at Macey's Ryan Rasmussen at the play.  His wife and mother in law were in the Moe's and Heuer's ward in Highland.
Our stump and some branches on another tree are sprouting mushrooms!
Dad was able to work on getting cement board into the new shower stall down in our gym room.
And on Wednesday we celebrated the 50th anniversary of the day we met. It was also on a Wednesday! 
At work I finally got to finish up my Christmas cubbies.

As well as putting antique ornaments on, it took forever to price all the ornaments.

Thursday morning, I walked with Tina around the cemetery, I loved this grave site decor.


Also on Thursday I put together some framed art to do a 'gallery wall' at work.

This is how it turned out.
I also put up the aluminum tree I've had since summer.
Friday morning, after running, Dad picked up a dishwasher he had bought of Market Place.  Then he headed to the Pioneer Park in Provo to meet with former missionaries who were there to meet up with the Auras.

Here is Kaitlin Fielding, her mother-in-law on the right, and her daughter, Nora.

This event was billed as the stroller parade, so there were a lot of littles.

So much cuteness.

Then these folks met up at the Provo City Center Temple for a session.  I had to miss because I'd been called into work at The Grove that day.
I found this couch at the DI in American Fork to replace our uncomfortable hide-a-bed in the family room.
Aunt Cheryl needed a replacement for her chair, so I found this green one.
My day was just as busy.  I started with a big sale at Confetti Antiques in Spanish, then to the DI in American Fork, before going to American Fork to pick up some mustard that my friend Amanita had sent home from Finland with her niece, Annette Luthy Lion, the author.

Then it was off to work at The Grove where I put out an antique hat box like these, but when I was checking on pricing, I laughed at the diversity

After work, and a preview for a yard sale, I headed to Provo for the last event of the Aura reunion.  
Here I am meeting Keeley Watts, and her former roommate Ryleigh Jenson.
 Here I am with the Jamsas who served on our second mission with us. 

Here I am with the Auras, Dad was sad to miss the fun of the reunion, but I took lots of pictures for him.

Here I am with Eliza Middleton and her boyfriend. Your cousin, Jack Larsen's wife, Jane is her aunt. 
Here is Sister Aura, Cameron Fielding holding daughter Nora, Hannah and Ian Haws with their daughter Charlotte.
Here is Blake Bolingbroke and his wife, Emma and Kortnee Schneider and her husband, Jaxson.
Here I am with Schryver and Ashlin Christian. Both Aura missionaries.
We really love this group of missionaries: the Christians, Tyler Davis, Steven Bartholomew, Laurie Kehr, and Alex Moulder.
Saturday was also Nell's 43rd birthday!

We drove into Provo to get stocked up at the Wandering Wheat Bread truck at Pioneer Park in Provo. We loved these Halloween decorations in the yard across from 
I found another of those Halloween, autumn portraits that are a bit trendy now.  Last year I tried and tried to get this look at our house, and the color's were not as bright. I mean my house is orange with a black roof, and it looks kind of haunted, you would think one could manage it, alas.

Today we went to the Jamsa's in Salem for conference and dinner.  The Aura's are staying there.  I thought it was fun that Paula and I were both wearing black and white.
Here I and with Sister Aura on Sunday morning. We met at the Jamsa's to watch conference together.
Here is Ralph Jamsa, Dad and President Aura.
Here we all are prior to conference.
President Eyring (one of my favorites) gave the final address of the session while seated.
This is Denise Jamsa's grandmother's piano which was shipped from Finland.

Ralph's sister came to lunch, and since her name is Polly, and she was wearing black. So here we are; Paula, Polly, and Paula.

We dropped in on Davin to pick up our Indian food from his neighbor. This is their National Parks board.  They have visited 33 of the 63 National Parks to date.
We were very excited to hear the announcement of the new temples.
We drove to Alpine to meet with supporters of a cool charity that we support.  The Aura's started the foundation, and supply simple schooling for children in Bangladesh, where 80 percent of children have no opportunity for an education.  Because of that girls end up marrying very young. If these girls had an education, they could earn money, which would put off early marriage and motherhood at the age of 13 to 15, which keeps them in poverty, and repeats the cycle.  This is the initial group,


And these two couple came later.  If you're interested in this great cause, get in touch with Dad.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment